Welcome to my website!
The area of work in which I have spent most of my life is the teaching of English as a foreign language (TEFL). Although still involved in TEFL, I have recently retired and so now have more time at last for other interests as well.
On the professional side, this site provides links to some of my academic presentations and publications, my (incipient) blog on 'Common sense in ELT' and my CV.
It also contains my photo albums and information about some of my personal interests. The latter includes items such as the following:
- Hill-walking and classical music (especially opera) - my two main hobbies
- The Lake District - probably the best reason to live in this area
- Lancaster - historic town, modern university
- Liverpool and Manchester - the northwest of England's two major cities
- Sierra Leone - where I first taught EFL
- Lancaster & Morecambe University of the Third Age - for which I am currently Newsletter Editor and a Committee Member
- Lancaster Bridge Club - where my wife and I regularly play.
I hope you enjoy browsing here. Please e-mail me about any glitches.